Creek includes a few special rules for those odd cases where multiple shows alternate each week in one time slot.
- Two shows that happen on every other Thursday.
- Five shows that are on the first, second, third, fourth, and the odd fifth Tuesday of every month.
Making special airtimes
- Go to a show editor page (rather than the schedule grid editor).
- Click Add under Add Airtime.
- Enter a start and end time.
- Select a weekday.
- Click Add airtime rule.
- Select a rule.
- If you selected "Every Other ..." then you can optionally add a date for when this show has (or will) actually happen. See below for more about this.
Airtime rule dates
Shows that alternate around each other follow a simple pattern: this week is Show A, next week Show B, next week Show A returns, and so on.
In these cases, Creek can display the correct show for each day if you give the airtime a date.
Creek will then tell itself, "Okay, the show happened on this Thursday, and there are two alternating shows, so this show will play again on the Thursday after next."
The recommended limit is five alternating shows in one time slot. There technically isn't a hard limit, but you will start to have weirdly complex scheduling with more than five shows in one slot.
- July 2, 2015: Show A
- July 9, 2015: Show B
- July 16, 2015: Show C
- July 23, 2015: Show A
- July 30, 2015: Show B